- Competitive pay
- Paid time off, vacation and holidays
- Medical, vision and dental insurance
- A friendly, cooperative atmosphere
- Opportunity to participate in the early stages of a growing company
- Offers 401K
West Sacramento, CA
Applied Spectra, Inc. is a leading supplier of analytical instruments. We stand at the forefront of Laser Ablation (LA) based elemental analysis techniques, with our world-class scientific and engineering teams. We simplify the process of elemental chemical analysis, while delivering rapid, high-precision results that are environmentally friendly.
Applied Spectra, Inc. is seeking an experienced software engineer to support feature development and maintenance of our software suite used for laser instrumentation control and spectral data analysis. As the lead developer and owner of a large desktop application, you will manage the code base of an established application which includes designing and implementing new features, providing long-term application support, bug fixes, version updates, and optimizing existing architecture.
- UX / UI development experience for windows applications using WPF – DevExpress toolset experience is preferred
- Architecture and Implementation of SQL and NoSQL databases
- .NET / .NET Framework / Prism / Unity Framework Experience
- Proficiency in standard design patterns such as: Factories, Task based asynchronous pattern (TAP), IOC, and Dependency Injection (DI)
- Azure DevOps source control experience is preferred
- Ability to define and implement required tests for unit level and system level integration tests
- Understanding of data manipulations on large datasets and memory optimization techniques
- Familiarity with Chemometrics
- Good understanding of the principles of spectroscopic instrumentation, sampling, methodology, and test schemes
- Machine Learning Experience in image processing and / or classification models
- Experience building Windows application installation packages
- Experience with industrial lasers is a PLUS
- Experience in object-oriented programming
- Experience with version-control systems
- Aptitude for learning new technologies quickly
- Problem solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Prioritization skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, other Engineering Discipline, or related field. Applicants without degree but with 5+ years of relevant experience will also be considered.
- 3+ years development experience using C# / Microsoft .NET / .Net Framework
This job operates in a casual office environment with a manufacturing and warehouse space. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Additionally, this role may be required to use lifts and power tools.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others and exchange accurate information and operate a computer and other machinery.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.