- Competitive pay
- 401K plans
- Paid time off, vacation and holidays
- Medical, vision and dental insurance
- A friendly, cooperative atmosphere
- Opportunity to participate in the early stages of a growing company
Type of Position: Permanent, Full-time, Exempt
The Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineer applies engineering techniques to design, install, modify, analyze, repair mechanically functioning equipment while assisting the Applied Spectra technical and manufacturing teams in all activities related to, and in support of, engineering efforts towards Applied Spectra’s commercial business and government-related projects. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, have the ability to work under general direction without detailed supervision, and must also have thoroughness and attention to detail in their work. The Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineer is a higher-level, learned professional role and is expected to handle complex issues and problems with little to no supervision, only referring the most complex issues to higher-level staff. This position will report directly to the engineering manager.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
The Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineer will be required to:
- Manufacturing engineering support for our production team to answer questions, provide guidance on best practices, correct inconsistencies in BOMs, implement new changes.
- Create work instructions for the production team
- Occasionally perform changes and do detailed designs of system hardware
- Work with production and engineering team for continuous improvement of Applied Spectra systems.
- Apply advanced knowledge of 3D CAD modeling of design concepts using SOLIDWORKS
- Develop detailed fabrication specifications and documentation for all designs
- Develop a project from start to finish with the right ability and attitude
- Complete bill of materials (BoMs) for products and subassemblies
- Write ECOs/ECNs and work with technicians/engineers to implement changes
- Perform detailed interference and tolerance stack-up analyses to validate form, function and cost optimization of each design
- Communicate with vendors to find suitable components and manufacturing partnersHas experience with Electrical schematics and wiring
- Experience with Solidworks
- Experience in a manufacturing/production environment
- Experience with ECO/ECN
- Experience with BoM creation and edits within an ERP environment
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as well as part of cross-functional teams
- Analytical thinking skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Computer skills, including proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) or Google equivalent as well as complex programs like SOLIDWORKS
- Communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
3-5 years of experience in an Engineering role or environment
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
Excellent manual dexterity with the ability to lift at least 50lbs
This job operates in a casual office environment with a manufacturing and warehouse space. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Additionally, this role may be required to use lifts and hand and power tools.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others and exchange accurate information; operate a computer and other machinery; move about the workplace; remain in a stationary position for up to 80% of the time; and extend hands and arms in any direction.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
About Applied Spectra
Applied Spectra, Inc. is a leading supplier of analytical instruments. We stand at the forefront of Laser Ablation (LA) based elemental analysis techniques, with our world-class scientific and engineering teams. We simplify the process of elemental chemical analysis, while delivering rapid, high-precision results that are environmentally friendly.
Applied Spectra, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Applied Spectra, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.