Qualified candidates, please send resume and salary requirements to: Applied Spectra, Inc. Attn: Human Resources 950 Riverside Parkway, Suite #90, West Sacramento, CA 95605 Or email to email@example.com
- Competitive pay
- 401K plans
- Paid time off, vacation and holidays
- Medical, vision and dental insurance
- A friendly, cooperative atmosphere
- Opportunity to participate in the early stages of a growing company
Type of Position: Full-Time, Exempt, Remote
The Regional Sales Manager will develop strong client relationships and effective sales strategies to grow sales in the assigned territories. As the Regional Sales Manager, you may also work with a group of international product distributors in expanding sales channels for LIBS, LA, and Tandem LA–LIBS products. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and results driven with a strong background in spectroscopy sales. The candidate should have a minimum of 10 years experience of the scientific instruments market in a general sales or product related role, ideally with a minimum of 5 years experience of sales in the North American laser ablation or LIBS market. The candidate should also be passionate in educating and promoting the merits of Applied Spectra, Inc. technology and products, and must be goal driven in delivering regional sales results. This position will report directly to the Vice President of Sales.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
The Regional Sales Manager will perform the following duties:
· Develop a sales plan and strategies for sales territories.
· Using sales CRM database, update and maintain the list of sales prospects
· Provide accurate monthly sales forecast to VP of Sales
· Travel to attend trade shows and conduct sales visits
· Collaborate with product management and marketing teams to define product specifications necessary to penetrate target accounts
· Familiarity with atomic spectroscopy techniques such as ICP-OES, ICP-MS, AA, XRF, SIMS, GD-MS/OES, XPS, and other elemental analysis
· Understanding of analytical instruments and photonics components such as lasers and associated optics
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Highly motivated and results driven
· Aptitude for learning new technology
· Willingness to travel greater than 40% of the time for domestic and potentially international customer visits
· Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in Chemistry, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or any other fields of study related to the physical sciences or engineering
· At least 10 years experience in the analytical instrumentation field either in a sales or product management related role.
· At least 5 years experience in laser ablation or LIBS sales in the Americas market preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
· Basic computer knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office suite or Google equivalent
This job operates remotely and will require traveling. This position may work in a casual office environment with a manufacturing and warehouse space. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others and exchange accurate information; operate a computer and other machinery; move about the workplace; travel for greater than 40% of the time domestically and internationally; and extend hands and arms in any direction.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
ABOUT APPLIED SPECTRA
Applied Spectra, Inc. is a leading supplier of analytical instruments. We stand at the forefront of Laser Ablation (LA) based elemental analysis techniques, with our world-class scientific and engineering teams. We simplify the process of elemental chemical analysis, while delivering rapid, high-precision results that are environmentally friendly.
Applied Spectra, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Applied Spectra, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
Type of Position: Full-Time
Type of Position: Full-time
The Field Service Engineer III is a senior-level role that supports our customers in the field both domestically and internationally and is a pivotal member of our Australia Service team. This position will work with minimal supervision and will report directly to the Director of Product Management and Support.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Install systems at customer’s site
• Perform regular maintenance for installed systems through field service visits
• Provide basic training for customers
• Handle complex issues and problems, referring only the most complex issues to higher-level staff
• Use superior communication skills to track and manage field issues with internal and external parties through to resolution
• Provide clear and effective remote technical support via phone and/or electronic -based (email/web-based)
• Assist across departments when needed, mainly in manufacturing and/or Applications
• Strong technical understanding of lab instrumentation
• Excellent troubleshooting skills and experience configuring computer components including PCs
• Strong understanding and hands-on experience with mechanical systems and parts assembly.
• Laser system related experience highly preferred
• A strong understanding of elemental analysis techniques including ICP-MS, ICP-OES, LIBS LA-ICP-MS would be an advantage
• Results-driven with a strong sense of responsibility and independence
• Excellent customer service skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
• Effective, professional and clear communication skills, both oral and written
• Fluency in other languages desirable, but not required
• Ability to develop and mentor others
Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering field or equivalent experience
4 – 6 years of field service experience, preferably in a field related to elemental analysis techniques that include ICP-MS, ICP-OES, LIBS LA-ICP-MS
6+ years preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
• Travel domestically and internationally 50% of the time or possibly more depending on workload
• Demonstrated ability to exercise good and independent judgment
• Excellent interpersonal skills
This is a remote position that may regularly operate in a manufacturing and warehouse space. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Additionally, this role may be required to use lifts and power tools.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others and exchange accurate information; operate a computer and other machinery; move about the workplace; lift up to 50 lbs.; travel at least 50% of the time domestically and internationally depending on work orders; and extend hands and arms in any direction.
About Applied Spectra Australia
Applied Spectra Australia is a leading supplier of analytical instruments. We stand at the forefront of Laser Ablation (LA) based elemental analysis techniques, with our world-class scientific and engineering teams. We simplify the process of elemental chemical analysis, while delivering rapid, high-precision results that are environmentally friendly.
Applied Spectra Australia provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Applied Spectra Australia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.