The 14th EWLA conference is a great technical forum for analytical researchers from Europe and other parts of the world to share the advances of LA-ICP-MS for a wide range of applications. And this year, the conference is expected to see a growing list of exciting applications! Also, the conference is seeing a greater number of technical presentations on the rapidly growing LIBS (Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy) – another LA based analytical technique!
Applied Spectra is ready to showcase our latest LA and LIBS instrumentation advances at the 14th European Workshop on Laser Ablation. Discover how LIBS and LA-ICP-MS can work together to cover a greater concentration dynamic range and to measure difficult elements with ICP-MS alone (such as C, H, O, N, S, F, and other halogens)! Visit our booth #3 and we’d love to talk to you about the technical benefits of our J200 Tandem LA–LIBS technology, along with the following product features and news:
- All new J200 Femto iX LA Instrument – femtosecond LA-ICP-MS and LIBS at highly affordable cost
- Vertex™ and Flex™ sampling cell innovation
- Enhanced multi-channel CCD LIBS detector – significant limit of detection improvement at insignificant cost increase
- LIBS2 Technology – eliminate performance compromise between detection sensitivity and broadband spectral coverage with the use of dual detectors.
- Clarity Image – Powerful LA-ICP-MS and LIBS data analysis software for elemental imaging.
See you soon in Pau, France!
Recommended Technical Talk at 2018 EWLA
Chemical Imaging Using Tandem Nanosecond and Femtosecond-LIBS and LA-ICP-MS
- Speaker: Dr. Jhanis Gonzalez, Applied Spectra, Inc.,Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Date/Time: Thursday, June 28 at 11:30am – 11:50am
- Location: Auditorium Lamartine
Must see Poster Presentations at 2018 EWLA
- Date/Time: Wed, June 27 at 12:00am -14:00pm
- Location: Exhibition Room
Title: Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS) Analysis of H, O, N, C, Li, and Ca in Organic-rich Marine Sediments and Shale
Authors: Jong H Yoo1, Jhanis Gonzalez1, Michael T. Colucci1, Chuck Sisson1, and Martin Bennett1, Mark Torres2 and Cin-Ty Lee2
1Applied Spectra, Inc; 2Rice University Earth, Environmental, and Planetary Sciences Department
Title: Tandem Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS) and Laser Ablation-Inductively Coupled Plasma-Mass Spectroscopy (LA-ICP-MS) for the Analysis of Solid Samples
Authors: Jhanis J. Gonzalez, Alexander Bol’shakov, Charles Sisson, Chunyi Liu, Jong H. Yoo, Martin Bennett, and Rick Russo
Applied Spectra, Inc.